Monday, May 9, 2011

My dad’s coffee, Starbucks Expresso and my smoothie recipe



Today I want talk about coffee in my life. I know it sounds silly. But here we go. I grow up drinking lots of coffee as a typical Brazilian. When I was a little girl, I remember smelling it as soon as I woke up. It was a sign that my “early bird” dad was in the kitchen preparing breakfast. So I used to have a little bit of the coffee with lots of milk and my bread with butter. When I first arrived in USA, I ordered coffee in restaurant and the waitress brought me a “coffee- tea” (the very light coffee in a big cup) with a little creamer. I got so disappointed and I knew at that moment I was really going to miss home.


Four years later, I am living in Tampa, I prefer to have cereal for breakfast and I am a Starbucks expresso fan. Until 2 weeks ago I was stopping by a Starbucks store every day in the afternoon to have my expresso with skim milk to the top. Then I remembered reading in somewhere how much we can save if we prepare our own beverage home. Well, I tried it, but it didn’t taste the same as the one at Starbucks. Then I “created” a recipe I share with you below. It is a low calorie, cheap and super fast to prepare cold coffee smoothie. I like it so much that it save me some trips to Starbucks. Also, just between you and me, I will always miss my dad’s coffee.

Coffee smoothie
1 sachet of instant coffee
1 cup of fat free milk
1 Tsp of honey
3 ice cubs


Direction: Blend all the ingredients together for about 1 minute. Enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment